Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our Baby is now a Baby!

We are 9 weeks today and growing going!

Here's whats going on with Baby Polkie this week:

-Woohoo! We've finally reached fetus status...he/she is no longer an embryo and starting to look more and more human everyday
-A little over an inch long (or the size of a green olive)
-0.07 oz or 2 grams in weight (the weight of a penny)
-He/she has fully functioning irises but his/her eyes are fused shut until around week 26
-Now that the outer ear is developed, the inner ear is filling with fluid and baby is developing a sense of balance
-Baby is moving more but mom still can't feel it
-Baby is developing male or female genitalia

Here's whats going on with Mom:

-Still occasional bouts of nausea (but no visits to the toilet this week)
-Did you get enhancements? Oh wait, that's just your growing "curves"
-Fatigue
-Occasional headaches
-Continued Frequent bathroom visits
-Mom's uterus is the size of a large Grapefruit now! (yikes)
-First signs of a belly bulge

Hard to believe the difference 5 weeks can make! Grow baby grow! :)
Baby belly at 4 weeks and 9 weeks (Woah!) 
                                                                   

Due to this recent tummy bloat, I decided it was time to buy a couple simple maternity tops. I am wearing one in the 9 week picture. Here are the other purchases:

(A sundress, three side ruched tees, and a side ruched tank. I also purchased two belly bands online and got a free baby bottle with my purchases at Motherhood Maternity!)
I'm in LOVE with this dress! I tried it on with the lumpy belly pillow in Motherhood Maternity and it looked super cute! Thanks to Joel & Rachel for entertaining me with my first maternity purchases. :)

However, I also quickly realized that maternity jeans, capris, and shorts are not my friend. I'm thinking its going to be a sundress summer!

Until next time... (Only 4 more weeks until we get to see our peanut(s)!) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment