Monday, April 02, 2012

Halfway Through The First Trimester

Though I know its still early in our pregnancy to start blogging, this past week really marked some milestones for our little babe!

We are currently in our 7th week or pregnancy which is vastly approaching 2 months already. I've been feeling rather ill the past two weeks (in fact, my day doesn't start without a small bowl of cereal and sips of water). They say if you're going to get morning sickness it usually starts around week 6. Well week 6 has come and gone and I'm still feeling crappy. Yesterday was the first time I've actually thrown up but I have to keep reminding myself that its part of the process and thats just baby's way of telling me its still in there (since I can't feel him/her). Hopefully these sick days will subside after the first trimester and I'll be able to enjoy some of this gorgeous weather we've had.

Here is a shot of my baby "bump" right now:

Obviously nobody has noticed it yet, without me pointing it out, and even then it just looks like a little tummy pooch. I think I'm the only one noticing a difference. That's okay. I shouldn't really be having a bump sticking out there yet anyway but by the end of the 8th week my uterus will be the size of a large grapefruit! That will definitely give me some tummy bloat!

This week Baby Polkie:

- Is approx. 0.51 inches long or the size of a blueberry and weighs approx 0.8 grams 
- Developing 100 brain cells a minute! (Hello, Smarty Pants!)
- Developing a permanent set of kidneys
- Arm and leg joints are now forming
- Miniature bones are starting to form and harden
- Sex organs are being formed but won't be noticeable until week 16
- Baby's eyes and ear indents are the most noticeable features right now

Baby has grown to be 10,000 times larger than he/she was at conception and continues to grow at an accelerating rate. Mom continues to feel ill and tired, finding relief only in crackers and ginger ale or sprite. 

We have our first OB appointment May 15th (13 week mark) to do a doppler, ultrasound, full pelvic exam with pap smear, full breast exam, and urine/blood work. 6 more weeks to go! Right now we're taking it week at a time praying we make it to that appointment :). 

Let the count down begin...

1 comment:

  1. Han-
    This is all so exciting! Wish i could be there to see in person... you already look so adorable with your barely there baby bump! You're going to be a great mommy.
    I hope your sickness goes away soon. My mom told me she was really sick with me so she always kept a roll of saltine crackers right next to the bed and she would eat a few before she even got up and that helped her tummy.
    I love you, Jase, and your little one..(already)! It's been too long since I've seen you... wish you were closer and life wasn't so hectic. as always, let me know if i can be of any help with anything. i'm only a phone call/fb message/text/e-mail away.

    Love always,
    Ky Pie

    ReplyDelete